HULL MEMORIALS. FAMILY GRAVE HULL WESTERN CEMETERY. ONLY JOHN BRILEY FOUND TO HAVE DIED IN HULL 1917. NO CENSUS RECORDS FOUND. HE IS COMMEMORATED ON THE TOWER HILL NAVAL MEMORIAL, LONDON.
SS Treverbyn, built by J. Readhead & Sons, Ltd., So. Shields in 1910 and owned at the time of her loss by Hain SS. Co. Ltd. (E. Hain & Son), St. Ives), was a British steamer of 4.163 tons. On September 3rd, 1917, Treverbyn, on a voyage from Narvik to Manchester with a cargo of iron ore, was sunk by a mine from the German submarine U-75 (Fritz Schmolling), 2 miles ESE Ushinish lighthouse, South Uist, Outer Hebrides. 27 persons were lost. Allen Tony 01/09/2007
TREVERBYN SS was a 4,163grt, defensively-armed British merchantship. On the 3rd September 1917 when 2 miles Ese from Ushinish Lighthouse, South Uist she hit a mine and sank. 27 lives lost including Master. Vessed was owned by E. Hain & Son, St. Ives. Read more at wrecksite: https://www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?12260