Born Hull, 1877. Son of George and Mary E. Lawson, of Newland Grove, Stoneferry, Hull. Son of a ship owner. He had one sister and three brothers.
He married at Skirlaugh, in 1901 Husband of Beatrice Mary Kitchen, of Beech House, Seaton and Ivy Cottage, Skirlaugh, East Yorkshire (War pension address). They had two daughters and a son. He worked as a Shipowner’s Bookkeeper. He boarded at 48 Trinity Street, Hull (1911 Census).
He enlisted on 04/06/1915. Served with the Cameron Highlanders. Discharged on 24/07/1916. Awarded the Silver wound badge (No: 50752).
Died on 01/06/1921, aged 43.